The Banyan iOS Mobile App allows you to register your iOS device so it can start accessing Banyan-secured Services.
You can download the latest Banyan iOS Mobile App via the Apple App Store:
Here are step-by-step instructions to install the Banyan iOS Mobile App.
1. Launch the Banyan iOS Mobile App to register your device, and then enter your organization's Invitation Code. This Invitation Code this will provided offline by your Admin.
2. When prompted to use `bnntestn.com`, tap Continue.
3. Authenticate using your Single Sign On provider. (The example below shows Okta as the organization's SSO/Identity Provider).
4. Select the ownership type of the device you are registering. Additionally, device registration requires a multi-factor verification passcode, that will be sent to your email inbox. Enter that next.
|NOTE: The verification passcode is only valid for 10 minutes. If you do not complete device registration within that time, please re-enter your organization’s invitation code (step 1).|
If you did not receive the one-time passcode email, please check your spam folder or contact your Banyan Administrator to ensure corporate email provider is not blocking emails sent from email@example.com.
5. Once you're authenticated and your email is verified you can install your organizations' certificates to register your device, and access Banyan-secured applications and services. Tap Download, then tap Allow so Banyan can download a configuration profile with your organizations' Root Certificate Authority (Root CA) and your Device Certificate. Then, click Close.
6. The next step will require you to leave the Banyan Mobile App to install the configuration profile. Tap Open Settings, or simply navigate to your device Settings. Then, tap Profile Downloaded.
7. On the Install Profile screen, tap Install. Additionally, depending on your device's security settings, enter your device passcode.
8. Acknowledge the warning prompt and tap Install to install the configuration profile.
9. Next, navigate to your device's Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings to enable trust for the certificates you have download. Acknowledge the warning to continue.
|NOTE: This is a standard message shown when installing any root certificate to your device. In this case, Banyan leverages the root certificate to validate downstream intermediate and client certificates.|
10. For devices running iOS 13 and higher, you must enable full trust for the certificate. Navigate to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings and enable full trust for the Banyan Private Root Certificate.
11. And, that's it, you're all set up! You can now access Banyan-secured applications and services from your iOS device.