The Banyan Windows Desktop App allows you to register your Windows device so it can start accessing Banyan-secured Services.
The Banyan Desktop App can be installed on Windows 10 or later.
Before proceeding through the steps below, please ensure that you have administrative privileges on your Windows device in order to install the Banyan Windows Desktop App.
Additionally, your Windows device may have Defender preferences to block features of applications. If you receive the prompt shown below, select private and public networks and then click Allow access.
Install the Banyan Windows Desktop App
|NOTE: If your device is corporate-owned and -managed (using a Device Manager), then these installation and registration steps may be preconfigured and omitted.|
To install the Banyan Windows Desktop App:
1. Run the Banyan .exe installer and then enter your organization's Invitation Code. This Invitation Code is provided offline by your Admin.
2. Authenticating with an IDP (such as Okta, G Suite, OneLogin, or other SAML IDP) launches a new browser window. The example below shows an organization using Okta SSO to authenticate its users.
3. Select the ownership type of the device you are registering.
4. Device registration requires an additional verification passcode, which is sent to your email inbox. Enter the additional verification passcode and then click Continue.
|NOTE: The verification passcode is only valid for 10 minutes. If you do not complete device registration within that time, please re-enter your organization’s invitation code (step 1).|
If you did not receive the one-time passcode email, please check your spam folder or contact your Banyan Administrator to ensure corporate email provider is not blocking emails sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Now that you're authenticated and your email is verified, you can install your organizations' certificates to register your device and access Banyan-secured applications and services.
6. You'll be prompted for approval so your device can trust your organizations' Root Certificate Authority (Root CA).
7. You can now access Banyan-secured applications and services from your Windows device.
NOTE: Once you have installed the Banyan Windows Desktop App, you can access it at any time via the Windows menu bar.